For us, accessibility is not just about complying with the legislation set out in the 2010 Equality Act (although we do, and review our policies regularly). It’s about delivering faultless service to all our guests, including those with impairments.
We strive to be as accessible as possible to all. We know that some of our customers have specific mobility issues, disabilities or other needs and we have therefore taken the following measures to ensure maximum enjoyment of our facilities for all.
- The Italian Villa is set over three floors, with stairs and a lift serving all floors. Wide internal corridors allow easy access throughout the building.
- As our tables are not fixed, we can easily accommodate wheelchairs at any event at The Italian Villa. Simply let your event hosts know about your requirements in order for them to feed that back to us. If you are an event host/coordinator, please just let one of our Event Managers know of any specific guest requirements and we will endeavour to do our very best to help.
- An accessible unisex WC is located near the entrance in the main foyer.
- We have installed a high specification audio system for the enjoyment of all guests.
- Our in-house catering team are able to cater for a wide range of allergies and dietary requirements or long term medical conditions (e.g. diabetes) or specific requests, including vegetarian, gluten free and dairy free options.
- Fire ramps are in place for escape in the event of a fire.
- We have an easy access route through the Italian Garden.
- Assistance dogs are permitted onsite.
Baby changing facilities are available in the accessible WC in the main foyer on the ground.
All areas of the building are non-smoking, this includes the use of e-cigarettes.
Not found what you’re looking for?
Get in touch with our friendly team and we’ll be delighted to be of assistance.
Hannah Gibson, BSO Senior Development Officer
On behalf of us all at the BSO, we cannot thank Tony Beales and his wonderful team enough for their fantastic support in organising our Black Tie Gala Evening at The Italian Villa. It is rare to work with a team who is prepared to support on each and every aspect of the event - however big or small. The team at Beales achieved this proudly. The evening will be remembered as a truly memorable and special experience for our most valued supporters, special guests and musicians.
Lauren and Ben x
Ben and I just wanted to take this opportunity to say a massive thank you for all that you and your team have done for us! You are all individually great! Thank Ebony also for all her organisation on the day it ran so smoothly because of her!
Our day was perfect and it was all because of all of you creating such a special day!You are such an asset to your team and are so great at what you do!
Siobhan and Ian
Myself and Ian can not thank you and all the team for making our day a truly memorable day. Everything was perfect, the glass of water on arrival when my mouth was dry with nerves to Chris and the evening team following around with chilled bubbly. We could not of wished for better!
It was the best day of our lives and we are so grateful to you all!
I just wanted to thank you and your team for my fabulous 50th Birthday party. It all went very smoothly from the initial enquiry to the party - I cannot fault anything and it all went off without a hitch on the evening.
Sam & Darren
We had an amazing night - everyone said how breathtaking the venue was, the staff were very attentive and the food was lovely - it couldn't have gone better so a huge thank you to you and your staff!
Maria's displays were fabulous and the ice cream tricycle a really good addition - thank you for the recommendation!