Service Terms & Conditions
For Hire of the Italian Villa and Catering Services to be provided by Beales Gourmet Ltd, (‘Company’ or ‘we’)
These Terms and Conditions (including the Italian Villa Booking Form) apply to the following as may be applicable:- The contract will be between the Company and the Customer (stated below and hereinafter referred to as ‘Customer’, ‘you’, ‘your’). These Terms and Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and Services
- The Italian Villa is a completely non-smoking environment.
- All prices listed are inclusive of VAT except where stated.
- If the rate of VAT increases, Beales Gourmet reserve the right to increase the total cost of the event by the amount specified by the government, on events already booked.
- Prices include crockery, cutlery and professional uniformed waiting staff where stated on your event package.
- Table cloths and linen napkins are usually included within in your event package however if additional linen is required – especially for corporate events – a supplementary charge may apply, please refer to your event package.
- The quote sent to you upon booking, is your contract package price with Beales Gourmet Ltd.
- If the number of guests attending exceeds the numbers originally booked, and we are able to cater for them, we will charge, at the prevailing rate, for the greater number.
- Events are quoted and booked based on an agreed minimum number of guests. If the actual number of guests is less than the agreed original minimum number, we will still charge for at least the minimum number agreed.
- Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than 30 days prior to the event, and no refunds will be made for guests unable to attend after 14 days before the event. If, after this time, the numbers increase by up to 10, this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed and allowances can not be made if the numbers drop.
- Unless agreed otherwise in writing the only services that the Company agrees to provide to you are the services specified in your event package which you have agreed to in writing.
- Our contract with you for the provision of services will be concluded when you complete the Booking Form and your nonrefundable deposit is cleared funds in our bank account.
- Beales Gourmet Ltd reserves the right to adjust price lists and to run special offers as it deems necessary. Any changes to price lists or special offers will not affect bookings already made.
- Gratuities for the event staff are at your discretion.
Provisionally booked dates will only be held for 14 days. Bookings can only be confirmed once the non-refundable deposit is cleared funds in our company bank account and the booking form has been received.
- All deposits are non-refundable and non transferable.
- A non-refundable deposit of £1500 (inc vat) for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed. This will confirm your booking for the venue and the catering, along with your signed booking form.
- 6 months before the event date, a further payment of £2000 is required for wedding receptions.
- 1 month before the event, the final payment of the wedding reception is due.
- For ceremony only bookings a non-refundable deposit of £250 is required and the remaining balance is due 3 months before the ceremony.
- For other events a non-refundable deposit must be paid in cleared funds before your booking is confirmed. The deposit amount which will be quoted will be based on the overall Price for the event. (Refer to the booking form for deposit amounts due). This will confirm your booking for the venue and the catering. The final balance is due 1 month prior to the event.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, payment cards and BACS transfer. (Credit card payments are subject to 2.6% charge, American Express cards are subject to a 3% charge).
- Please make cheques payable to The Italian Villa and send to The Italian Villa, Compton Acres, 164 Canford Cliffs Rd, Poole BH13 7ES
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on late payments (at the higher of the rate of 8% and the rate specified from time to time in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts Act) for business clients and consumers will be charged at a rate just above the current base rate of Lloyds Bank.
Beales Gourmet Ltd reserves the right to cancel any function or event within the Italian Villa or Italian Garden for any of the following reasons:
- If Compton Acres have to close The Italian Garden or any other part of the gardens due to circumstances beyond our control.
- If the client or Beales Gourmet Ltd becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Beales Gourmet Ltd or Compton Acres.
In any of these situations Beales Gourmet Ltd will refund any payments made in advance.
The following cancellation charges will be applied, which reflect the costs and expenses we may incur on your behalf as the function date nears, and the reduced time available to us to obtain any alternative bookings:
- The Deposit paid is non-refundable and non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel.
- Cancellation between twelve months and six months prior to the event – you will owe us 50% of the total contract package price
- Cancellation between six months and three months prior to the event – you will owe us 75% of the total contract package price.
- Cancellation between three months and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total contract package price.
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received will the cancellation become effective.
- Any damage caused to The Italian Villa, gardens, statues, plants, water features or any other parts including other areas of the grounds, walkways, members of staff (this list is not exhaustive), will be the responsibility of the client. Any damage that occurs will be invoiced and payment will be due within 14 days of the invoice.
- Please contact the Italian Villa regarding any entertainment. All Bands & DJ’s or any other form of entertainment must provide a copy of their Public Liability Insurance to the venue.
- We have a ‘sound limiter’ in operation at the Italian Villa and it is imperative that noise level limits are adhered to, due to premises licence stipulations.
- Chinese Lanterns are not permitted to be used on the premises.
- Only biodegradable confetti provided by the Italian Villa may be used on the premises. Any other confetti brought by guests will be taken away to be collected after the event.
- The use of fireworks is only permitted on New Year’s Eve and by using one of the firework companies recommended by The Italian Villa.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your event package and once the Terms and Conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your ‘events/catering package’ which must be paid in full, however, the Company reserves the right to charge more for the food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contract and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
- All food which is not consumed within two hours at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Beales Gourmet Limited cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial two hour period.
- Food Allergies & Intolerances: Please note that all of our food contains allergenic ingredients. Special diets for food allergies will be catered for only if they have been arranged prior to your event and confirmed in writing. If you wish to know more about our ingredients, please speak to your Event Coordinator.
Limitation of liability
- Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement including deliberate breaches is strictly limited to the contract package price and any losses which are a foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time your order is accepted by us. This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- a) personal injury caused by our negligence;
- b) under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- c) for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- d) for any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us.
- e) for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you and us including but not limited to:
- a) loss of income or revenue;
- b) loss of business;
- c) loss of profits or contracts;
- d) waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Beales Gourmet Ltd shall not be liable for any disruption, inconvenience, damage, loss of amenity or noise caused by any building works taking place in adjacent or nearby property by persons other than Beales Gourmet Ltd. Such works are outside of our control and we owe no duty to notify you of the likely timing of such events or to minimise the effect of such events.
- Any company equipment lost or damaged by you or any guest will be charged at the full replacement cost.
- Under no circumstances are candles to be taken into or used within any part of the Italian Villa or Roman Grotto, excluding tea-lights within the Medici Suite during the main meal only. LED candles are acceptable as a suitable substitution in all other areas.
- The Company reserves the right to charge (including for any applicable increased or overtime rates) more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than initially planned or detailed in the catering package through no fault of the Company or the caterers.
- Corkage for wine & champagne is charged at the rate specified in your catering package. This will cover the chilling, serving, glass hire and recycling of empty bottles. A fee can be agreed upon before the event (and if so this will be stated in the quotation) so there are no hidden charges or unexpected invoices after the event.
- It is strongly recommended that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage, public liability
- Beales Gourmet Ltd cannot be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations.
Use of The Italian Villa and Italian Gardens
- All persons attending functions or events within the Italian Villa or Italian Garden are required to comply with all Licensing, Health & Safety, and all other regulations put in place by Beales Gourmet Ltd.
- Clients must not under any circumstances carry out work of any electrical nature, including amplification and lighting within any part of the Italian Villa or Italian Gardens.
- Beales Gourmet reserves the right to change the hire charges and times of use without prior notice, in circumstances beyond our control. The charges and times listed may be subject to amendment.
- Beales Gourmet are not responsible for the safe keeping of clients valuables, personal belongings and gifts and we recommend that all personal items are taken home with you at the end of your event and not left overnight, unattended in the Italian Villa.
- Beales Gourmet cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes, when the client asks us to assist with the presentation of it. It is advised that the client should arrange and present the cake themselves, as Beales Gourmet does not offer this service as part of the catering package. We do, however, offer a cake cutting service in the evening as part of the catering package.
- Parents/guardians must be responsible for their children at all times, especially around the pond in the Italian garden as it is 4 ft deep and a potential drowning hazard.
Clients are responsible for their guests in the Gardens. The Gardens will be locked at 4pm in the winter months (1st November-Good Friday) and 6pm in the summer months (Good Friday – 31st October).
Please feel free to contact us for further information.
Office: 01202 816074 / 01202 700992
Address: The Italian Villa, Compton Acres, 164 Canford Cliffs Road, Poole, Dorset BH13 7ES
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Limitation of Liability and indemnity
The Company shall not be liable for events beyond its control or for indirect or consequential loss or damage. The Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage to the Company or its property that is caused by the Customer.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. Any notice shall be in writing, including by email, to the recipient’s email address as provided herein or otherwise as provided to the other party from time to time.
Beales Gourmet Limited T/A The Italian Villa
Registered number: 06542324
Registered office address: 21 Church Road, Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, BH14 8UF
Website Terms & Conditions